Thursday, July 17, 2008

mmmm, i like curry.



I made this curry with an an interesting purple cauliflower(even though you can't tell from the picture) and it came out awesome. I love a green curry every now and then( or a red curry for that matter).

I'm pretty excited about tomorrow, it's the premier of the buy fresh buy local movie. My parents were already planning on coming to town for some vittles, so that worked out great! They (my mom) has kind of been a lifelong buy fresh buy localer for various reasons. We even used to go to a dairy farm to buy raw milk when I was a kid. She was always "putting up" this or that. At the time I didn't quite get it. I remember thinking why does she do all of that work for green beans, tomatoes etc, when you could just go to the store and buy some for 59 cents. (I remember thinking that I didn't want to do all the work that went into it, I especially remember hating having to shuck bushels of corn!!!(and weeding totally sucked!!!) I like the whole cyclical aspect of all of this on so many levels. I love the fact that my parents are still alive and I can still learn how to do all of the things that I never wanted to do as a kid.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cheilita said...

that curry was tasty. now go shuck me some corn dude.